Newhouse Abbey, near Brockelsby, Lincolnshire, was the first Premonstratensian abbey in England, founded in 1143. The abbey was built in honour of Our Lady and St. Martial, Bishop of Limoges. At the time of the dissolution of the monasteries, this abbey was granted (30 Henry VIII) to Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk. Parts only of the old foundations still remain.